As you’re sipping on your Organic Periodic Tea and staring, staring, staring at the baby you grew and birthed (!) — and possibly dreading the next time they start to clusterfeed — we thought now might be a good time to share some nuggets of knowledge on some of our best-selling products: Organic Nipple Butter, and Vegan Nipple Butter. Because sometimes, our nipples need to get back to their happy place. And whatever you’re using needs to be safe, since it will definitely get into your baby’s mouth.
Here are some key things to know about our nipple butters.
- A little goes a long way!
- They’re both infused with organic calendula. Evidence-based research by the German Comission E supports calendula’s ability as a wound healer to effectively relieve cracked nipples for breastfeeding women.
- Both buttery smooth, botanical-rich and lanolin-free balms are also Non-GMO Project Verified — so no need to wash off before feeding your baby!
- Earth Mama’s nipple butter was the first lanolin-free nipple butter available, and also the first Non-GMO Project Verified nipple butter on the market
- When warmed between your fingertips, the organic oils, butters and wax soften to soothe and moisturize sore, cracked nipples
- Organic Nipple Butter is 100% organic
- Vegan Nipple Butter is made with organic ingredients; but in this formulation, we use candelilla wax instead of organic beeswax
- In case you were wondering, there is no honey in purified and certified organic beeswax. The beeswax used in Organic Nipple Butter has been ethically sourced in a bee-centric manner
- Both are Non-GMO Project Verified
- Apply liberally after each feeding session as needed. As you begin your breastfeeding journey with your newest babe, you’ll probably want to keep this on hand at all times
- Pumping mamas, try this: lube up your flanges with Nipple Butter for a more comfortable pumping sesh
- And. Since you’re all savvy, multi-use mamas, feel free to dab any extra Nipple Butter on your lips, cuticles — basically, any dry patch of skin that needs a little TLC!
We’re know this gig does not always come easily so we’re cheering you on over here! We hope you and babe find your groove and trust that you’ll figure out what works best for the two of you.