Not a surprise: sometimes kids don't want to drink hot tea. Even when their throats are dry and the crankies are starting.
Freeze it, blend it up and you have a fun way to coat a seasonal moody throat or that irritating seasonal allergy-induced tickle. At least it will give you a few moments to breathe, brew a cup of tea and put your feet up… well, at least the tea part.
Dry throats don't stand a chance. Soothing and cooling all the way down to funky town.
How to Make A Throat Soothie™ Tea Super Slushie
- 5 - 6 Organic Throat Soothie™ Tea bags (or more if desired)
- 1-2 Tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 Lemon (1/2 for squeezing, half for slicing)
- Boil water and brew double strength tea. (5-6 tea bags per 2 cups for freezing) Brew a little extra to chill in the fridge.
- Pour concentrated tea into silicone molds and pop into the freezer. Chill the rest in the fridge until cooled.
- In a blender, add 5-6 tea cubes and 1/2 cup of cooled tea, honey and lemon juice.
- Blend, baby, blend. Add more cooled tea if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Add extra lemon and enjoy!
Whether your throat is raw, or you’ve just got that annoying, seasonal allergy-induced tickle, Throat Soothie™ Tea helps take the edge off, with a blend of herbs traditionally used to ease a sore throat. 100% organic, it’s smoothly soothing with a delicate, lemony-floral flavor, and comforts your throat, tummy and all the way through to the New Jersey turnpike (if you know what we mean). The best part? Throat Smoothie™ Tea is totally safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women, because there’s NO licorice…which means it’s safe for the whole family, from the oldest to the youngest.