Over the moon thinking about life with your new baby? A Lying-in Plan can help you have a comforting and calm recuperation and establish a bond with your baby while you heal your body. What is a Lying-in? Read about this new take on an old tradition here, and create your own Lying-in Plan here. With preparation and awareness you can make your own lying in peaceful, nourishing and healing. Here are some basics to get you thinking about your own postpartum healing period.
- How long can you “lie in” – realistically do you have two days, a week, a luxurious month? Whatever you can manage, prepare to make the most of it by doing the least you can once baby arrives. (Remember: Not doing, just being.)
- Who will be there while you bond and heal? A partner, a friend, a relative, a supportive team of people or a group of trusted neighbors? Think about who you can turn to so you don’t even have to get out of bed. Make a schedule so you know who to count on.
- Prepare your space to make it easy to stay in bed. Plan food and help, plan postpartum comfort products and baby and breastfeeding necessities. Keep everything at arms’ reach.
- Prepare your people – and yourself – by writing a loving but clear message to friends, family, neighbors that you need some time to yourself to heal and bond. Remind them that everyone will have time to meet the baby, but you’ll never have this moment with this baby again.
- Prepare a mantra or saying: something that helps you to remember this is your time to heal, bond with your baby, get to know each other and prepare for a lifetime of love. Anything else is a distraction.
Earth Mama’s safe, toxin-free postpartum healing products can help heal and soothe, so you can get down to the business of just being with your baby. For episiotomy, wound healing, bruising, soreness and hemorrhoids.
Postpartum Bath Herbs – Easy to use sachets can be made ahead and frozen. Use the resulting extra liquid in your peri bottle, and pour the rest on pads to freeze and use to help reduce swelling. Then after the first few days you can apply them warm when swelling has gone down to help increase healing circulation. Also use warm as a healing sitz bath.
New Mama Bottom Spray – A spritz of relief especially welcome for those first bathroom trips, also for quick cooling.
Mama Bottom Balm – Lasting relief for healing comfort.
Organic Monthly Comfort Tea – Formulated to jump start recovery immediately after childbirth, and help balance and calm postpartum and premenstrual ups and downs. We recommend sipping a cup within an hour after birth.
C-Mama Healing Salve - Formulated especially for cesarean section and other surgical wounds, old c-section scars and stretch marks, and inflamed rashes and burns.