Hormones can not only give you nausea and a heightened sense of smell but also some pretty serious body odor. Is it fair? No. Can you deal with it in an organic way? Yes, with Earth Mama’s Organic Deodorant: four different sticks to help keep you fresh without any toxic, hormone-disrupting chemicals. Formulated with uber-clean ingredients to be safe enough for pregnant and breastfeeding women, this deodorant is incredibly effective for anyone who has armpits — and lymph nodes they’d like to protect.
- NO propylene glycol, artificial fragrance, parabens or aluminum
- Rated ONE on the EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, the lowest hazard rating a product can achieve
- Dermatologist tested and clinically tested for irritation
- It’s organic! NSF/ANSI 305 certified by Oregon Tilth, in fact
- PRO TIP: Always wash before applying! Otherwise, you’re simply masking bacteria. Gross. Wash underarms well, dry thoroughly and apply!
Here’s why you (and everyone, really, but pregnant and breastfeeding women especially) should care about what they put on their armpits:
- Your lymph nodes help filter toxins out of your system. There are lymph nodes in your armpits, so you can expel toxins through sweat.
- Most antiperspirants use aluminum to prevent you from sweating. Except. Sweat is good. It’s the B.O. that’s the problem.
- If your natural deodorant lists “fragrance” as an ingredient, raise both eyebrows. High. Because “fragrance” is considered a trade secret and can hide thousands of potentially toxic synthetic chemicals — exactly the opposite of being transparent. And if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, there’s NO room for lack of transparency. Zero. None. Zilch. 100% transparency in ingredients, all the time — that’s how we roll.